fbpx

Reply: Passed the Exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the Exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 1 month ago #16658

Jenikka Ebias

Hi John,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you for sharing with us your lessons learned :)
5 years 1 month ago #16614

John Guiliano

After a long year obtaining my Master's Degree, not being selected for promotion and finding a new job. I was down to my 2 months in my PMI-PMP application time. My new job agreed to pay for a Prep-Course. After attending the Prep-Course. I realized that the exam structure just seemed weak. I looked over some of the reviews and selected PM-Prep-Cast.

This was the smartest thing I did. With the handouts from the course, the PMBOK Guide, and another book. I was able to really put together the process. The process I had to really learn over from my Navy days as we did thing a bit out of PMI order. But none the less. The Prep-cast exam simulators was a very big help. This aided in picking out key words and ideas in the questions to make the correct choice.

Over All I ended up with:
Initiation: AT
Planning: T
Executing: T
M/C: AT
Closing: BT

Closing was my weak point and I did not really study it as much I should have. Plus I work in the contracting office. So I get confused on the PMI way and my office way.

None the less do not give up, read each question and select the best answer. I did memorize the formulas but did not memorize the ITTO. I learned the flow if each section and how they tied into each other.

Good luck to you all. You can do this

John

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login