fbpx

Reply: Passed with T in closing and AT in the rest / first attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed with T in closing and AT in the rest / first attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 2 months ago #16542

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Absy,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you very much for sharing your lessons learned here with us!
5 years 2 months ago #16540

ABSY KRDEY

I passed my PMP exam today on first try with T in closing and AT in the rest.
That T in closing made the victory imperfect. nonetheless, PMP exam endeavor has finished.
I would like to share my experience so it may help others preparing for the exam:

* Total study period: around 3 months and 3 weeks. Average 4 to 5 hours a day.
My advice is that 3 months is just about good. No need to prolong it, if you feel ready.

* Study materials and plan:
1) Head first PMP 4th edition: that helped a lot as introduction to the concept of PMBOK guide knowledge areas and processes in fun way.
2) Purchased Pmprep cast Videos and simulator:
a) took the Prepcast Pre-Course Self-Assessment test to know where I stand. (score was around 74%)
b) went through the PMBOK guide while listening to the PrepCast Videos. Taking notes is good for pre-exam period when you do not have time to go through the book.
c) After I finished the videos and PMBOK guide (once only) I started Mock tests: (Scores on the first try)
- Lehmann 200Q: 75%
- Simplilearn free exam: 77.5%
- PMP Exam Simulator Exam 1: 88%
- PMP Exam Simulator Exam 2: 83.5%
- PMP Exam Simulator Exam 3: 82%
- PMP Exam Simulator Exam 4: 83.5%
(I wish I had time to take the rest of simulator exams, unfortunately, I could not)
I reviewed and documented all marked questions and wrong questions in lessons learned register and I constantly reviewed it.

* I also purchased PMTraining questions pool and used to do set of 50 questions during commuting time on weekdays: average is 90%

Real PMP exam:
PMP Exam Simulator makes a great job in simulating the real exam. After taking the 4 simulator full exams, I felt at home doing the real one.
for me, concepts on real exam were all covered in simulation tests 1 , 2 and 3.
Real exam questions were shorter and somehow a bit easier than Simulator.

I would like to thank the PrepCast team for the outstanding job. It is incredible how well their materials prepared for the real exam (both simulators and videos)

Final thoughts, I thought about reading Rita's book, but I stopped cause I felt PmPrepCast and PMBOK guide are perfect and enough for me to pass.

Many thanks again to Cornelius Fichtner and his amazing staff. Good luck to the others who are still in the process of pursuing the PMP.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login