fbpx

Reply: PASSED Exam 01/26/2019 AT/AT/AT/AT/AT (first attempt)

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PASSED Exam 01/26/2019 AT/AT/AT/AT/AT (first attempt)

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 2 months ago #16426

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Klaudiusz,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you for sharing your lessons learned with us here in the forum.

We wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
5 years 2 months ago #16408

Klaudiusz Siadaczka

So this is what I did to pass the exam:

Took the PMP Boot Camp through Global Knowledge to give me a foundation.

I booked the exam 6 weeks the day after I finished the GK course. This forced me to study a little bit every single day. Some days it was 2 hours others it was 15 minutes but I did something everyday.

I took Joseph Phillips Udemy course because I wanted someone like the Global Knowledge instructor to explain the process to me again. This was a waste of time as I needed to read something to help me understand the process. More on that in the next step.

I tried to read the PMBOK but I read one sentence and said forget it, this is not for me. The was the last time I opened the PMBOK. I went back and reread the GK notes. This helped. I also wrote down and memorized all 49 process and their key outputs. Once I learnt the processes and their outputs things became much easier. If I didn't have the GK notes I would go out and buy Rita's book. From what I have seen it does an amazing job at explain the processes and how they fit together.

I paid for the PMP Prepcast exam simulator. The exam questions are worded exactly like they are in the simulator. I also tried to do a few full 200 exams that come with the simulator. I ended doing 2 of them but in total I did 1200 of the 1600 questions. The one thing that made me worry at the end was that I was seeing a lot of the questions over and over again and I had remembered what the answer was. In the end I think doing all of those practice quizzes/exams helped with muscle/brain memory as you can see by my marks. I would highly recommend it. By the end I was getting between 70-90% on exams/quizzes.

Went and wrote the exam. Was just like the Prepcast questions. Thought I failed but got AT in all 5 process groups. Spent the whole fours with two minutes to spare. I took no breaks and sat there for the whole 4 hours. I did a brain dump for the calculations and process but not the key outputs. This would take too much time imo. I was done at the 3 hour point but then went back and reviewed the 60 to 70 questions i marked for review. This took almost an hour. Changed many of the answers ( I would say around 25-30 questions or so).

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login