fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed the PMP on my first attempt - 7 Jan 2019

Passed the PMP on my first attempt - 7 Jan 2019 5 years 2 months ago #16334

• James Caron
  • James Caron's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks to the PM PrepCast and all the tools they offered, I was able to pass the exam on my first try.
MY strategy was threefold:
First subscribe to all of the tools here in the PMPrepCast. They are invaluable. This goes double for the exam simulator. More on that later. Also get yourself a study guide like the ones produced by Andy Crowe.
This is good because it will give you a slightly different perspective on the exam and his approach. Like tow heads, two views of the exam is better than one.

Second, memorize and I mean REALLY memorize the PM formulas and the process group/knowledge area table. Write them down twice a day until the day of your exam. Know them so you don't have two write them
down before your exam (thought you still should)

Third, take as many practice exams as you can without duplication. Take one full length 200 question exam per week for the weeks leading up to exam day. Take 2-3 practice quizzes every day, it helps. try to find a timing for the 200 question exams that work for you/ Everyone is different but it is important to get the feel of the exam.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maryanne Miller

Passed the PMP on my first attempt - 7 Jan 2019 5 years 2 months ago #16347

• Jenikka Ebias
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi James,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! We are so glad to hear about your recent success... and using our materials too! Thank you for sharing your strategy with us here in the forum. I'm sure others would find it helpful.

Congratulations once again and we wish you all the best on your future endeavors.

Passed the PMP on my first attempt - 7 Jan 2019 5 years 2 months ago #16350

• James Caron
  • James Caron's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thank you, The materials were an invaluable aid to my being able to pass. The test simulator is absolutely critical.
Thanks again!

Passed the PMP on my first attempt - 7 Jan 2019 5 years 2 months ago #16420

• Mylite Carter
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
What other resources did you use outside of PM PrepCast tools?
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login