fbpx

Reply: Passed My Examination on the First Try

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed My Examination on the First Try

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 2 months ago #16085

Stan Po - Admin

Dear Andrew,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
5 years 3 months ago #16082

Andrew Jeffrey

Thanks to Mr. Cornelius Fichtner, I am now PMP Certified. I decided early September 2018 to write the Exam as soon as possible. Thought that the Exam was a "walk through." Boy was I so wrong!

PREPARATION
I saw Cornelius's advertisement on Facebook and decided to sign up with him based on (1) Price and (2) Attractiveness of the Advertisement. I read the PPMBok Once but skimmed it over afterwards. Read Rita's Book
(helps fill the gaps left by the Prepcast), and watched a few Youtube videos (Youtube is my University). In terms of the Prepcast, it was like reading the PMBok and was not too engaging. I think that Cornelius needs to adopt
the method of Rita and work on being engaging in the video

EXAM PREPARATION
My view is that Cornelius Practice test is THE BEST and that alone covers the value of the entire course. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PASS THE PMP WITHOUT THESE PRACTICE TESTS - this is what you need to
master the exam. I also benefited through reading advice in this Lessons Learnt Section. I used the PMP Practice Quizz app and the PMP ITTOs app from the Google Play Store. This allowed practice on the go. For Cornelius Exam Simulator, I wrote 6 exams, failed the first three and barely passed the other three.

EXAM
This exam was the toughest of all my exams I've written to date, even for any of my Masters degree Courses. However, the key is TIME MANAGEMENT. Keep pressing and manage your time in quarters. I also used the strategy of using the first hour to do the EASY QUESTIONS first, then go back to the hard ones. At the end of that hour you seek to balance back your time. I had about 20 questions left with only 15 mins remaining in the actual exam and had to press through quickly. At a few seconds before "pens down" I had 5 questions remaining so I answered them without reading the questions.

PERFORMANCE
I passed with two ABOVE TARGET, two TARGET, and one NEEDS IMPROVEMENT.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login