fbpx

Reply: Cleared PMP with AT in all domains on first attempt.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Cleared PMP with AT in all domains on first attempt.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 2 months ago #16112

's Avatar

Hi Vaishali,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you for sharing your study plan with us here in the forum.
5 years 3 months ago #16075

Vaishali Gor

On 17th December , I cleared PMP exam with “Above Target” in the all domains. I would like to share my study plan with hope that it will help others as others experiences helped me to alter my plan and clear it on a first attempt.
Study duration: 4 months(not working currently so studied full time)
I referred to below guides
1) PMBOK guide
2) Rita Mulcahy’s book
3) PM exam simulator
Study Material Approach :
Read PMBOK guide 3 times and Rita’s book twice.
I understand that PMBOK guide is bit difficult and lengthy but its very helpful. When I read it for the first time, it took me a week to complete one knowledge area and then 3 days on 2nd pass and 2 days on 3rd pass as I would then focus on key area and concepts for each topic. You just need to ready everything once to understand the concept and then summarize the concept on 2nd and 3rd pass.
Rita’s book helped to clear concept and has user friendly language.
PM Exam Simulator
I attempted around 1500 questions from simulator and my average score was around 70 to 75(initially when I started with simulator, my score was around 45-50%). Got above 80% just once. The beauty of simulator is that you will get to understand the rational behind right and wrong choices so when you are giving real exam, you can apply the same logic to eliminate the incorrect answers.
ITTO:
I created a grid for each knowledge areas in an excel per my convenience and I would read them as many times as possible to understand inputs, outputs, tools & techniques. Initially, you may not be able to understand the logic but once you practice and read PMBOK & Rita’s book, you will be able to understand the rational. In the exam, you do not get a direct question on what is the input or output, you will get situational based question so it better to understand logical 80% of the time. Another advantage of having it in excel is that it helped me to understand the pattern as well For e.g. lessons learn register is the output and input of all process s of procurement and quality knowledge area except for 1st input etc..
Formulas: Referred to PM formula study guide and Rita’s book. Practice will help to understand the concept
Important tip is that do not expect the same type of questions in exam as most of the questions are situational based but concepts and logic applied during stimulator will help to identify the correct answer.
I am hoping that PMP certification will help me to get a job at the earliest as wanted to use my break for personal growth and development!!.
All the best !!!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login