fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP Exam, 14 Dec 2018!!

Passed PMP Exam, 14 Dec 2018!! 5 years 3 months ago #16052

• James Cain
  • James Cain's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Good evening all; just wanted to share that I passed the exam...basically just using the simulator and reviewing answers.
This is by no means a suggestion that the exam can be passed by doing what I'm about to describe. I do not have a PM degree, still working on that.
I scored BT on Initiating and Planning; Above Target on Executing and Closing; Target on M/C. So my scores averaged
out to "Target"...a pass. I studied for 15 days. The first 10 days I used the Learning Quiz, 20 questions each, and really
focused on how the questions were stated and why each answer was right/wrong. The last 5 days I took off work and studied
for 16 hours a day. I would take a 4hr exam and then review it for 2hrs. I'd take a break and work on my brain dump
and EVA formulas. I would then repeat the process. On test day I woke up, ate breakfast, and wrote out my brain dump/formulas about 10-12 times.
What I learned from the simulator was how to read into the questions and dissect what was being asked. You can't memorize the
entire PMBOK, but after 1200 questions I could visualize where in the framework the question was drawn from. I could see which
process was being referenced and draw a line to the next or previous process. Just like the simulator, most of my exam
questions were, "What will the PM do next" or "Should have done previously". I had 6-8 math questions and the formulas
were paramount to solving them. Again, I am not advocating that studying this way will work for everyone. The simulator
really opened my mind and prepared me for the test. Two other co-workers did the same thing, but one does have a BS in PM.
Best of luck!!!

Passed PMP Exam, 14 Dec 2018!! 5 years 2 months ago #16115

• Jenikka Ebias
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi James,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you for sharing your lessons learned here with us in the forum. Have a nice day!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login