fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP passed today (AT/AT/AT/AT/AT)

PMP passed today (AT/AT/AT/AT/AT) 5 years 4 months ago #16015

• Vikram Natarajan
  • Vikram Natarajan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi folks, I took my exam today and I passed the exam with AT on all sections. I have closely followed the forums here during my exam prep and wanted to share my experiences/feedback about the exam.

I started the 35 hr contact prep back In August and finished it by the end of August. I had originally planned to take the test by mid to last week of November, however due to pressing issues I could not take the exam as planned

I did not read the PMBOK guide. My instructor recommended Kim Heldman and I must have studied the book about 3-4 times. It's a well written book but its dry. It gets the job done however. I studied pretty hard the last 2 months. I started taking the prep cast Simulator from 29th of Nov. My scores were 75, 71, 72, 74.5,75, 75 and 79 and on ITTO's I got 60. My test scores were not that bad or great either. While reviewing the test scores I found at least there were 10-15 questions that I made silly mistakes and would have surely got the correct t answer if I had read the question more carefully and more like silly mistakes. But I found that tough to correct as I was trying to finish the exam on time and have some time to review. I think I made some improvement on that front on my last practice exam where I was able to finish in 3.30 and have 30 minutes to review. I did not have time to review 10 odd questions at end but reviewed about 30

Coming to todays test, I found today's test to be more tougher than the exam simulator. The style of questions were all situational like the simulator but more dry and lacking in details. Those details/clues help us answer the question correctly were missing. I found most questions were super super dry, lacking critical details that would help you choose the right answers. The simulator had some questions like that but may be <10 questions that were super dry. There were 0 Agile questions, I had about 8-10 math questions which was surprising since many people here and other forums did not see too many math questions. Most of them were in EVM. 2 of the math questions were simple, the other 6-8 questions all had multiple calculations to get to the answer. They were similar to the simulator ones.

Overall I would say the PrepCast simulator was close enough for the real test and helped me nail the exam. I am not sure if it would have been possible without simulator . I would also like to thank some of the members in the forum who have helped answer some questions I had. Hope you found this useful

PMP passed today (AT/AT/AT/AT/AT) 5 years 4 months ago #16016

• Jenikka Ebias
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Vikram,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you very much for sharing with us your experience here preparing and taking the exam. We are glad you found our PM Exam Simulator helpful to your studies :)
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login