fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP on 11/19/2018 - Did Not Read PMBOK

Passed PMP on 11/19/2018 - Did Not Read PMBOK 5 years 4 months ago #15700

• Kevin Pannell
  • Kevin Pannell's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Excited to report I completed and passed my PMP exam yesterday. Per my post title, I tried to read the PMBOK on several occasions. The first ~3/4 of the book is almost unreadable and to me seems more like a technical manual. The later parts of the PMBOK are much easier to digest, but still not great. The PMP Exam Simulator quizzes and full practice exams were critical to my success. During the real exam I felt like I was in the simulator. Very spot on. My $.02 for success that do not involved reading the PMBOK cover to cover:

- Complete a PMP prep course (in person or online) | I completed SimpliLearn's online course.
- Pay for the full PMP Exam Simulator. | Do quizzes, study wrong answers, re-take quizzes | I completed 3 full exams and passed 2/3
- Paid $12 for Joseph Phillip's "Cram Session" on Udemy | Worth every penny as he teases out what is needed from PMBOK in small, digestible bites
- I studied and could draw almost all of the Project Management Process Groups table | If you can draw this and know what should happen in what order you can answer the majority of questions | I did memorize all the EVM formulas, but good to know what CPI and SPI values mean

Good luck everyone and thank you PMP Exam Simulator creators and staff.

Kevin Pannell, PMP, NREMT
Email: (email address removed by moderator)
Host - Between the Slides: From Plans Chief to Project Manager podcast | www.betweentheslides.com
Last edit: by Jenikka Ebias.

Passed PMP on 11/19/2018 - Did Not Read PMBOK 5 years 4 months ago #15710

• Jenikka Ebias
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Kevin,

First of all, congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you for posting in this forum the tips you learned through your journey.

Btw, I'm sorry but I had to remove your email address in your post. This is a public forum and anyone can visit it so it is best that for your protection, we do this.

For anyone who wants to send an email to Kevin outside of this forum, please send us an email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with the subject title "Personal Email for Kevin Pannell" and we will personally forward your message to Kevin.

Have a nice day! :)
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login