fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Self-Studied for 5 Months and Got 4ATs, 1T on First Attempt

Self-Studied for 5 Months and Got 4ATs, 1T on First Attempt 5 years 5 months ago #15668

• Michelle Vergara
  • Michelle Vergara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
As the title suggests, I passed my exam today! I read the PMBOK Guide, 6th Edition then prepared for the exam using the PM Prepcast Exam Simulator and watched some of the PM PrepCast videos to supplement my deficient knowledge areas. I did not thoroughly read Rita Mulcahy's book, even though I have it and found the tips and tricks section useful. A few thoughts I had in mind as I was going through the exam:
  • When in doubt, submit a change request
  • Ask what process group you are in - initiating, planning, executing, m+c, or close
  • Read/re-read the question, it often gives away what process group you are in and will help eliminate a lot of the answers
  • I didn't memorize the formulas, although I know it helps others to do so for their "download sheet". To me, understanding the relationship between planned and actual (i.e under costs is good, over schedule is bad) was enough to feel my way through those questions and from 200 questions, only a handful required any computation.

I failed 2 practice exams on the simulator, and then passed the third one. I found doing the quizzes often and reading why I got them wrong was key in crossing the bridge between failing and passing a practice test, even though sometimes all I could do were 20 questions a night.

To all those preparing and practicing, keep fighting the good fight!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Casey Farr, Zhenni Liu

Self-Studied for 5 Months and Got 4ATs, 1T on First Attempt 5 years 5 months ago #15683

• Deepak G
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Congrats Michelle. Want to check on the length of the questions in real exam. Are they lengthy?

Self-Studied for 5 Months and Got 4ATs, 1T on First Attempt 5 years 5 months ago #15692

• Jenikka Ebias
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Michelle,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you very much for sharing your lessons learned here with us.

Self-Studied for 5 Months and Got 4ATs, 1T on First Attempt 5 years 5 months ago #15695

• Tanika Lee
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Congratulations, I hope I can be like you in a few weeks.

Self-Studied for 5 Months and Got 4ATs, 1T on First Attempt 5 years 4 months ago #15740

• Jonathan Hebert - Teacher
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 8
Hello Deepak,
From the feedback received thus far the questions are from 1-3 max, with most being two lines.
A situation is described and you must choose the answer for that situation, most often time from the project managers' perspective.
For instance, you have just finished xyz, what should you do next.

Hope this helps!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pradeep Gurajala
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login