fbpx

Reply: Passed my PMP exam on 2nd attempt after changing to 6th edition

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed my PMP exam on 2nd attempt after changing to 6th edition

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 4 months ago #15681

Isaac Fong

Hi. Let me share more about my experience of the exam since some of you may have interest and have similar experience with me.
Sarah: I think the actual exam questions are similar to those of the PM Prepcast exam simulator, short questions are expected. It's always a challenge for me to keep focusing on the questions for 4 hours. I didn't have much time left, just 15 mins spared before the exam ended.
One of the tips after doing the practice exams is that after the planning stage, if the project have something wrong (scope change, schedule change, stakeholder change, etc) , the action should be taken is always to log down to issue log and go to ICC. It always help me to make quicker decision during exam and not to be trick with other choices. :)
Also, I trained myself to read through all the answers and cross out 2 obvious wrong answers by using right click of mouse, then I can have a better guess from the remaining 2.
Hope it helps and good luck for the ones who take the exam.

Isaac.
5 years 5 months ago #15607

Sarah Perrino

Congrats!!! I am still studying for the exam, do you think the actual exam questions are a bit shorter, I feel a bit rushed to finished the practice exam, but my other coworkers said they have at least 45 minutes to 1 hours left.
5 years 5 months ago #15592

Emily Rivera, PMP

Congrats Isaac!
5 years 5 months ago #15589

Deepak G

Congrats Isaac. Please share your lessons learned.
5 years 5 months ago #15587

Scott Gillard

Congrats!
5 years 5 months ago #15586

Isaac Fong

Really want say to thank you to PM PrepCast.

I passed my PMP exam on 25Oct. That was my 2nd attempt for the exam.
I had my first exam on Jan. After that I found they changed from 5th edition to 6th edition.
I was a bit frustrated that time and decided to change my study plan to practice more exam type questions.
I decided to look for an exam simulator and I am glad I chose PM PrepCast.
That really helped my preparation for the 6th edition exam that I can get familiarized with new content and concepts easily by studying the answer explanation.
Although I did not have much time to do the simulation exam (Only finished 3 exams) and spend a month in reading the material again, the exam simulator really helped me to know more of the exam style questions and know how to avoid the mistake I made. It really built my confidence before exam.

Now I will start looking to earn PDUs and also to enrich my knowledge in project management area.

Thanks again.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login