fbpx

Reply: PMP Test Review & Prep Work

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Test Review & Prep Work

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 5 months ago #15566

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Ben,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us!
5 years 5 months ago #15560

Rebecca Rasmussen, PMP

Congrats!
5 years 5 months ago #15548

Ben Steiner

Passed the PMP exam yesterday with the following results:

Initiating: Above Target
Planning: Target
Execution: Target
M&C: Above Target
Closing: Target

On the Pm Prepcast Test I scored the following:
Test 1: 76%
Test 2: 67.5%
Test 3: 77%
Test 4: 68.5%
Test 5: 73%
Test 6: 72.5%
Test 7: 79%
ITTO: 77.6%

I scheduled the test two weeks out and studied during the two weeks. First week was reviewing Rita's book (5th edition but crosswalked the changes for 6th edition), learning the formulas, and memorizing the process chart. Week two was purely taking as many practice exams as possible. The PM Prepcast tests were the closest ones to the test, and in my opinion, slightly harder.

I was definitely unsure of how I would do as everything online says to be scoring 80% or higher on the practice test before taking the exam. I thought the test itself mirrored the Prepcast tests in question formatting and complexity, but overall I think the actual test was easier than the Prepcast tests; granted, there were some questions that I had absolutely never encountered.

I'd recommend taking the ITTO test multiple times until you have the ITTOs down pat as I felt that really boosted my scores and knowledge more than reading through the Rita book.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login