fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed Exam, OCT 27th AT/AT/AT/AT/AT

Passed Exam, OCT 27th AT/AT/AT/AT/AT 5 years 5 months ago #15524

• Nathan Boling, PMP
  • Nathan Boling, PMP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello everyone,

Pleased to report I passed the exam a few days back. It is a great feeling and I appreciate all the hard work the team here does to make this such a great exam simulator.
My Plan
June:
Finished up my Project Management course in my MBA program and used that as 35 credit hours for my application. Bought and read Head First PMP.

July: Received approval notice from PMI to sit for exam. Scheduled exam and bought Rita's study guide, PMBOK, and flash cards. Worked through Rita.
Aug- Finished up Rita and then read through again. In late August subscribed to the PMP exam simulator here and began taking on mock exam per week. Day after the practice tests was always test review.
Sep- Read through PMBOK. Memorized formulae and process chart on page 25 of PMBOK. Got dump sheet figured out an practiced writing it down every day.
Oct- Practice tests, each week. PMBOK review. I was scoring consistently over 80 percent at this point on practice tests and knew my chances were good going into the actual exam.

Exam day- arrived at test center early, checked in and went through security process. Sat for exam, went through tutorial, started exam and wrote down my dump sheet in about 5 minutes. I saw first question

and realized it was very close to the exam simulator. Got through the exam in 3 hours, took 30 minutes to review and then submitted for results. Got the good news and leftthe exam center a new PMP.

The exam simulator is very close to the actual exam. Actual exam is 95% situational questions, with the rest being calculation based. Once you are getting 75% or higher on practice tests you stand an excellent chance of passing the actual exam. Good luck to everyone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rebecca Rasmussen, PMP

Passed Exam, OCT 27th AT/AT/AT/AT/AT 5 years 5 months ago #15535

• Rebecca Rasmussen, PMP
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Congrats :0)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nathan Boling, PMP

Passed Exam, OCT 27th AT/AT/AT/AT/AT 5 years 5 months ago #15550

• Nathan Boling, PMP
  • Nathan Boling, PMP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Right back at you ,fellow PMP! Great job.

Passed Exam, OCT 27th AT/AT/AT/AT/AT 5 years 5 months ago #15567

• Jenikka Ebias
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Nathan,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! :)
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login