fbpx

Reply: Different Strokes for Different Folks - A Lessons Learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Different Strokes for Different Folks - A Lessons Learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 4 months ago #15574

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Bernadeth,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you for sharing your experience here.
5 years 4 months ago #15520

Anonymous

's Avatar

you're welcome Ty, and thanks.
5 years 4 months ago #15518

Ty Weston, PMP

This is great news and a fantastic post, thanks.
5 years 4 months ago #15510

Bernadeth Dhaemers, PMP

Each of us is unique. We have our own way of doing and learning things... as they say: "Different strokes for different folks!"

Here are things that worked for me that enable me to pass the exam:
  • I've read a lot of lessons learned from here and online to get ideas on what worked for others. I chose and created my own concoction (study plan), picked up a thing or two from different people.

• I signed up for PM Prepcast. So after watching each chapter of video lessons, I would proceed with reading the corresponding topic in PMBOK. Then, I used Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep to get a more in-depth understanding of that specific chapter. After all that, I go back to video lessons for the next chapter and repeat the same process for each remaining knowledge areas.

• I spent 2 weeks writing some of the formulas and my shortcut version of Ricardo Vargas' Process Flow of PMBOK Guide 6th Edition on a sheet of paper every morning for not more than 10 mins.

• I answered at least 3,500 questions from different sources 2 weeks before my scheduled exam. Oliver Lehmann is one of the best out there: oliverlehmann.com/pmp-self-test/100-free-questions.htm

• I played Rita's process chart game at rmcls.com/process-chart-game-v9?gclid=CjwKCAjwzqPcBRAnEiwAzKRgS2c-fLnC6D2kMCJJijnqEgg96W0vxHMBa2SrhymGA61W1dYsvc6DXhoCf8UQAvD_BwE

• I used PM Prepcast simulator to practice for the exam. It's worth every penny! During the exam, it made me feel that I was still using prepcast simulator... it's very close to the real thing.

• I spent an hour each day to listen to podcasts so I can learn more stuff what's happening in the real world away from the video lessons and textbooks.

• I rested well the day before the exam. No studying. I just did what I felt like doing that day, watched a couple of my favorite tv shows, ate a couple slices of brownies, did some light house chores, and slept early.

• The day of the exam, I arrived at the testing center early so I can settle down before taking the exam.

Last message for anyone who is working to get this certification: Believe in yourself and put yourself to work to make it happen! There is nothing that you can't achieve if you put your heart and mind to it.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login