fbpx

Reply: Today was the day -- passed PMP exam on 10/16.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Today was the day -- passed PMP exam on 10/16.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
14 years 5 months ago #757

S Das

's Avatar

This has been a long journey since mid May of this year 2009.
I thank God and then my family here for my success.

Started with Cornelius's PrepCast to earn my 35 Contact Hours Certificate during the May. Other materials I referred later on, are

"The PMP Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try" by Andy Crowe
PMBOK Guide fourth edition
"PMP Exam Prep, Sixth Edition" by Rita Mulcahy

Cornelius's PrepCast has been the one which I used though out my preparation to enhance my studies. I have listened to all the episodes repeatedly.

Completed two rounds of study on Rita's book along with the chapter end tests.
Plan was to take exam on 09/09/09. But, did not feel comfortable with my preparation and rescheduled the exam. There after, completed PMBOK two times and took following full length / single sitting tests, while purchased "4 PMP Simulated Practice Tests for $ 50"

pmstudy.com free test -- 73%
headfirstlabs free exam -- 84%
Test 2 from "4 Simulated Tests" (pmstudy) -- 68%
Test 3 from "4 Simulated Tests" (pmstudy) -- 70%
Andy Crowe's book end final exam -- 87%

I had scored in lower 60% when took oliverlehmann's 75 and 175 questions (1st 100)

In short, if you have digested the PMBOK well, you are in.
PrepCast has been the great support for me to understand PMBOK. Even, I had prepared my hand written notes from the PrepCast for later references in last minutes.

Hope that my experiences in this journey will provide some inputs to PMP aspirants in their preparation for the exam.

good luck !

- Suresh Das, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login