fbpx

Reply: My first PMP exam passed

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : My first PMP exam passed

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 5 months ago #15381

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Truong,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you very much for posting your lessons learned here. I'm sure may aspiring Project Management Professionals will find it helpful. Have a good day!
5 years 5 months ago #15364

Scott Gillard

Congratulations!
5 years 5 months ago #15361

Truong Pham

Hi Everyone,

I would like to share some points about my PMP exam in Oct 11th 2018, result was above target. I hope it's helpful.

I learned two sources primarily: PM PrepCast and PMMasterPrep.com. I didn't read PMBOK Edition 6 because I think I need something more summarized.

First, I watched all lession videos of Cornelius Fichtner. Then, I find the way to shape my thinking is similar to PMBOK Guide designs processes integrated together. So I always ask myself "why" for inputs, outputs, and T&T. Then, I can formulate some general layout about PMBOK. For instance, I found lessions learned register (LLR) not input for 10 planning processes (plans of scope, schedule, cost, etc.). It might be reason that's the project management plan must be approved by the relavant stakeholders before it's executed. Therefore, LLR might not existed beforehand. Simlarly, others (assumption log, change log, issue log, etc.) always my "why" targets during flowing outputs to inputs among processes.

Second, I determine which process they are asking. From this understanding, we can figure out some for inputs, outputs, and T&T. I think we don't need to remember ITTO all, we need to make sense them, the reasons are important.

Third, I didn't rush to have high score for exam simulation. I need to learn the way questions ask me, and the way answers formulated associated with questions. My experience that's we should structure question and answer. I devided them into 2 kinds of idea: supporting and excluding. For example, Question asks "A B C, not D, not E". Answers: 1/ A; 2/ A, B, C, & D; 3/ A, B, & E; 4/ A, & B. Then, I might conclude answer 4 better (support A & B, althought exclude C) is correct choice. Because answer 1 only supports A. Answer 2 supports all A, B, and C. But, it supports incorrect D. Similarly, answer 3 support the incorrect E.

And, finally, I tried to finish 1 answer within 1 minute. Then, I have to to review the necessary questions.

I would like to thank Cornelius Fichtner and hist team so much. I feel very warm heated people at PM PrepCast. Then, I also thank to Scott Payne of PMMasterPrep, he provided the summary I need.

I wish all of you still waiting to achieve PMP sucess in next.

Regards,
Pham Minh Truong from Vietnam

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login