fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed the PMP Today

Passed the PMP Today 5 years 6 months ago #15258

• RICH HURLEY
  • RICH HURLEY's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Passed on my first attempt. Here was my method.
1. Read Head First PMP to indoctrinate myself in PMP terms, etc. The PMBOK was just too dry for my first pass.
2. Read Rita's Book
3. Read the PMBOK
4. Did various chapter exams, etc.
5. Did a PM course on Lynda.com. It helped with initiation of PM and got my 30 credits.
6. Signed up for PM Prep Cast Exam Simulator. I took many of the smaller quizzes and then all but the ITTO exams.
7. Used Exam Mentor on my phone.
The PM Prep Cast Simulator was very much like the actual test. I was getting around 75% on the longer exams. I then took another exam online and bombed it and thought the questions were way harder and I was not going to be prepared. I was above target on 2 domains and on target on the other 3. The PM Cast Simulator really is the key. That and practice sitting for a 3-4 hour duration staying focused.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Joe Pang

Passed the PMP Today 5 years 6 months ago #15259

• John Wolverton
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 27
Rich Outstanding, congratulations. Thanks for sharing.
John F. Wolverton, PMP®
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login