fbpx

Reply: My Test Result - and My PMP Journey

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : My Test Result - and My PMP Journey

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 5 months ago #15246

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Chris,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you very much for sharing here in the forum your journey towards achieving your PMP credential.
5 years 5 months ago #15234

Chris

Wow! What a Journey these past 3+ month have been.
Today I took my PMP Exam.

It was a long and intense 4-hour exam for me; I did not have time to go back and check my many “marked” questions. I barely made time for a quick 5-minute bathroom break. I worked to the last question with one-minute left to spare at which point I made sure I did not leave any blanks. With only a minute left I decide to just end all the fun and hit the “End Exam” button.

Background & Strategy:
I work full-time and have a family, so my strategy was to study part time as much as I could on nights and weekends for 3 months. I broke that out as follows:
+ 5 weeks studying the Rita M book for the basics.
+ 8 weeks with PMP Prep Cast Exam simulator. (one new practice exam per week) …studying Q/A all week long.
My Prep Cast practice exam scores were: #1: Fail, #2: Fail, #3: 78.5%, #4: 75.5%, #5: 72.5%, #6: 77%, #7: 76%, #8: ITTO (skipped it)

I memorized:
+ Rita’s Planning processes in order
+ the PMBOK “K.A./ Process” chart (which I felt really helped me the most)

+ No PMBOK book was used.
+ I did find a lot of online materials I liked, just by googling “PMP <topic>” and these really helped. …Thanks to all you bloggers and folks out there putting info out for the rest of us!!

Brain Dump:
+ I did not do a brain dump as I did not need one since:
a) all the formulas were so ingrained in my brain, plus the charts above – I did not need to dump them on paper.
b) From doing the practice exams I would always run up against the 4-hour mark, so I figured I would not have extra time for one on the real test. I was right!

The Real TEST:
I found all the PrepCast practice Exams to be very challenging to the point I was not even sure I would pass. I found the real test to be exactly the same in this regard; I was not sure I would pass!!??
During the real test, I decided to just have faith in myself and my preparation, not give-up, and just give it my best. My end result on the real was: I passed with 4 “Above Target” and 1 “Target”.

Thanks to PrepCast Exam Simulator team – this really made a huge difference for me and allowed me to go deeper and deeper EVERY week into the material - which paid for itself many times over not just in passing but understanding the concepts.

All the best,
Chris

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login