fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP exam today!!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP exam today!!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 5 months ago #15247

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Toniyia,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam!
5 years 6 months ago #15226

Tonyia

I passed! I contribute it to the PM-Prepcast. Thank you Mr. Cornelius Fichtner for your dedication in training!

Tonyia
5 years 6 months ago #15220

Tonyia

Congrats Jared! I take my exam in 5 hours. I am so nervous. I have failed it before...so know what I am going up against! You are right, these Podcast are the best. I didn't have them my first time around. I just hope I don't blank it all out during this exam. I am NOT a test taker...I tend to 'nuke' the questions and change answers... ;-0
Regards,
Tonyia Pritchard
5 years 6 months ago #15198

John Wolverton

Congratulations Jared! And thanks for sharing.
5 years 6 months ago #15192

Jared Dixon

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. I truly appreciate it. Below, I’ve shared my study strategies/tips that helped me get through the PMP exam.

1. I chose a course series that went through the PMBOK guide. I used Red Vector, which cost me about $149 - $155. I chose this instead of reading through the entire PMBOK guide. If you’re up to the task of reading the PMBOK, you don’t have to purchase this course series. For me, I needed something to supplement the PMBOK guide, which was why I used this course series.

2. I took practice exams from Udemy, and went over the areas I was weak in. I did this before discovering Cornelius Fitchner’s exam simulator. This gave me a good feel for how some of the actual PMP questions would be, and it was good preparation for Cornelius Fitchner’s exams.

3. I enrolled in a 2 day boot camp by renowned PM exam coach Dan Ryan. I highly recommend this. He is excellent, and his exam material contains lectures you can download and listen to anywhere. I listened to them at work. He also has quizzes and full mock exams that explain the answers. The boot camp is a 2 day (Saturday and Sunday) virtual session from 9 to 12:30 (I think the second session ran until 1:00).

3. I took every single mock exam from Cornelius Fitchner’s PM exam simulator (all 8 exams). I sat down for 4 hours, took the exam, and reviewed the areas I was weak in the next day. I did read the PMBOK for areas in which I had the most difficulty (Quality, Risk, and Schedule). My scores were: 67.5% (exam #1), 62.5% (exam #2), 77.5% (exam #3), 75.5% (exam #4), 81.5% (exam #5), 76.5% (exam #6), 74% (exam #7), 69% (exam #8). I tried memorizing the ITTOs but realized that the exam rarely asks you these kinds of rote memorization questions. Instead, I focused on understanding how the ITTOs interacted within each process group.

4. I made index cards for all the process groups and went over them daily. I found that an hour a day was a lot more manageable than 4 or 5 hour cram sessions. My biggest advice is to pace yourself. I started studying for the exam in April, and took it in September. That’s 5 months of preparation. I did feel like I could have gotten through the initial Red Vector courses faster. If you’re really motivated and have a laidback job, you can realistically prepare for the exam in 3 months. I was juggling studying with a very hectic work schedule, and other family commitments. It all depends on what your schedule is like.

At the end of the day, just do your best. Cornelius Fitchner’s exam prep is the best tool for preparing for this exam. Other companies are good, but Cornelius is the best. For me, the mock exams were harder than the actual exam. Pace yourself and don’t feel pressured to hurry up and take the exam. I initially thought I would take it in July, but realized I needed more time to prepare.

Hope this helps. Best of luck everyone.

Jared
5 years 6 months ago #15189

Amy Martinez

Congratulations Jared! Job Well Done.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login