fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP on first attempt - Above Target

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP on first attempt - Above Target

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 6 months ago #15187

Stan Po - Admin

Dear Francis,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. I remember the valuable inputs that you submitted through our simulator’s Live Feedback™ support feature. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
5 years 6 months ago #15160

Francis Kuma

I passed my PMP today (a few hours ago)with AT’s in all 5 domains.This is what worked for me;

1. PM Exam simulator-I did all 7/8 tests twice the last two eeeks before the exam. I honestly didn’t have time to read the PMBOK due to the nature of my job and having 2 kids under 2.

2. I did all the chapter quizzes /exam from Rita’s guide (5th edition ) after reading through Aileen’s just to guage and measure any gaps.

3. Did I mention taking the PM exam simulator twice.. Honestly, that’s probably the best exam prep material out there. It prepped me for the exam duration and conditioned my mind to think pmism if there is such a thing. Make sure to review all the answers you get wrong and test yourself again by re-taking it at a different time(weeks apart). Pay for it, it’s worth it. I really believe you can pass with just the simulator if you use it the right way. Thanks.
5 years 6 months ago #15156

Stan Po - Admin

Dear Emily,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
5 years 6 months ago #15155

Emily Rivera, PMP

I am thrilled to be posting that I passed my PMP exam yesterday! I achieved Above Target overall (AT on all domains, except Closing which was Target).

I couldn't have done it without the Prepcast Exam Simulator. This tool was vital in helping me learn how the exam questions would be structured. For the most part, I thought the actual exam questions were very similar to the simulator. There were maybe 10-15 questions on the actual exam that I found to be way more vague than the simulator, and therefore quite a bit more difficult, but overall the level of difficulty was very similar. I could get through a full simulator exam in about 3:15 (including time to review marked questions), and the actual exam took me closer to 3:40, as I pondered the really vague questions for quite some time. I took a break at about the halfway point, at which time I went to the restroom and had a quick snack and drink of water. Side note: If you want to have a snack during the exam, don't lock it in your locker, as they may not let you get into your locker during the exam (my testing center would not). I set my snack bar on top of the lockers so I could get to it without having to open my locker.

What I did to prepare:
I read the PMBOK one section at a time, and after each section I watched the corresponding video on the PM Exam Prep class on lynda.com (my employer gives us free access to lynda.com, so for me that was the best way to get my 35 hours of instruction). I also read the corresponding chapter in Rita's book. I didn't rush this process, keeping to 1-2 chapters per week so I could really digest the info. Then I started taking the Prepcast practice exams and quizzes a few weeks before my exam date. I would try to get in at least 50 questions a day on days I couldn't get a full 200 question exam in. I studied the ones I got wrong to make sure I really understood why I got them wrong, and made notes of topics that I was weak in so I could review them in the evenings before bed.

So basically, I did what many others before me did to prepare and pass their exams! The lessons learned forum here was very helpful in giving me direction in how to study. So, to all those before me - thank you! :) And to all those who have yet to take their exam - good luck to you!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login