fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP in 2nd attempt in 10 days !

Passed PMP in 2nd attempt in 10 days ! 5 years 7 months ago #15119

• Jacob V
  • Jacob V's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
It was a moment of disbelief as I cleared the PMP exam today (17 September 2018) here in Toronto, with the following performance by domain:
a. Initiating: Above Target b. Planning: Below Target c. Executing: Target d. Monitoring and Controlling: Above Target e. Closing: Target

My Lessons learnt:

a. As soon as I failed the test on 7 September, I immediately purchased Cornelius' Prepcast Simulator tests- this proved to be hugely beneficial in tackling the situational tests on the exam. I never did any mock simulation tests for the 1st test. However, the 2nd real test attempt was way tougher than the 1st and I expected to fail miserably, which now as I reflect can attribute it to only to the mercies of the LORD.
b. I had also followed the PMP Exam Outline (which was originally published in June 2015) as my framework for the 2nd attempt- I received this from the PMI folks as I emailed them expressing my anguish of failing the 1st time. They had advised me to follow the outline which is a reliable indicator of how the questions are aligned. Nevertheless, I am still unsure if it's in a particular order as some say in the affirmative.
c. Focused on the Initiating and Closing groups this time as I had gotten a 'Need for improvement' in the former and a 'Below Target' for Closing. As stated earlier, I ensured that I understood the order and concept as mentioned on the PMP exam outline.
d. Read the PMBOK again- Only Quality/Stakeholder Management/Risk Management/Procurement Management

In hindsight, I should have expended more time (atleast 3 months) to prepare this to ensure pass on the 1st try.

Praise Jesus.

Passed PMP in 2nd attempt in 10 days ! 5 years 6 months ago #15137

• Jenikka Ebias
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Jacob,

Congratulations on finally passing the PMP Exam! We're glad our PM Exam Simulator contributed to your success. Thank you as well for sharing your lessons learned here!

Passed PMP in 2nd attempt in 10 days ! 5 years 6 months ago #15142

• Jacob V
  • Jacob V's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks much, Jennikka.

Passed PMP in 2nd attempt in 10 days ! 5 years 6 months ago #15145

• Shema Khan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi,

I failed my first attempt this morning , looking at your observations I'm hopeful. I just posted in other thread my experience. Not sure what I missed cz I was getting 67% to 70% on mock test at prep cast.

Thanks,
Sk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jacob V

Passed PMP in 2nd attempt in 10 days ! 5 years 6 months ago #15147

• Shema Khan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Not sure how to get your self up and write this exam again. 10 days …..How much time you spent each day.
Chat Soon!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jacob V
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login