fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP 1st attempt - 4AT and 1T

Passed PMP 1st attempt - 4AT and 1T 5 years 7 months ago #15091

• Portia Vliet-Gregg
  • Portia Vliet-Gregg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
My PMP studying journey took 3 months. I started by reading PMBOK6, which I found to be very boring. Then I bought Rita Mulcahy's PMP prep book, read it twice, and did all the exercises. 6 weeks before my exam I took Rita's Fast Track mock exam and scored 77%. I was feeling confident, but I wanted another perspective on the exam, so I took the Oliver Lehmann free PMP test and scored 64%. This low score made me very nervous so I listened to all of the PM PrepCast podcasts and took two additional mock exams scoring between 70-74%.

I was worried I wouldn't pass the exam but I decided to take the test anyway. The week before the exam I decided to take a break from studying and give my brain a chance to relax. I practiced making my brain dump sheet every day but that's it.

I walked into the exam feeling nervous but confident, did a quick brain dump of the formulas, and passed with 4ATs and 1T.
Overall I found the questions from the PrepCast exam simulator to be the most similar to the actual exam, although I did find the PMP exam questions shorter.

Don't be discouraged if you are consistently passing the mock exams but not scoring above 80%.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jason Yorek

Passed PMP 1st attempt - 4AT and 1T 5 years 7 months ago #15100

• Ty Weston, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
Congrats! Your situation happens a lot; many folks pass with lower pre-test scores.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login