fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed my PMP exam on 1st attempt - Above target on all domains

Passed my PMP exam on 1st attempt - Above target on all domains 5 years 6 months ago #15064

• Manish Parekhji
  • Manish Parekhji's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Here is what I did to prepare -

1. Started preparation on June 24, 2018
2. Took the exam on Sept 7, 2018
3. I bought a book called - PMP Exam Prep Simplified: Based on PMBOK® Guide Sixth Edition. The book was ok. It is concise so you can go over all the contents very quickly unlike PMBOK. There are some errors in the book which is not good. The Earned value Management section is good. But I would not recommend this book.
4. I read PMBOK but not end to end. I just cannot remember anything that way.
5. I signed up for the Prepcast. Listed to some of them and the content is very good (Cornelius is an amazing instructor and is so passionate about PMP and teaching) but fund them to be too long so reviewed only may be 30% of it.
6. The one single resource that I felt was critical to my success and feel is invaluable for anyone is the Prepcast Exam simulator. It has 1800 questions. I started doing them end of July. 50 to 100 questions each day. Reviewed all the 4 responses and explanations for questions I answered incorrectly and correctly. Great explanations. I STRONGLY recommend the exam simulator to anyone preparing for the PMP exam. It provides reference to the PMBOK for the answers related to the questions. I joined PMI and had an online version of PMBOK. I would go to the page in PMBOK and review the topic in detail.
I used some web resources randomly to get more in depth details on certain topics.
All the best!
Thanks

Passed my PMP exam on 1st attempt - Above target on all domains 5 years 6 months ago #15079

• Jenikka Ebias
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Manish,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you for sharing your lessons learned here in the forum.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login