fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP exam on first try August 1

Passed PMP exam on first try August 1 5 years 7 months ago #14764

• Anne
  • Anne 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I passed the PMP exam on my first try August 1. I booked it about 10 weeks in advance, procrastinated for about a month, and then spent 3 weeks doing Rita's prep book. The last 3 weeks I read the PMBOK manual very thoroughly and did PMP Prepcast practice tests.

I failed the first 4 practice tests and then did the last 2 open book with the PMBOK manual to pay close attention to the sections where I had to pay more attention or review in detail. The last week and a half before the test I was getting up at 5:30am to fit everything in. The morning of the test I reviewed the EV formulas but that was it. It took me about 3 hours to finish the 200 test questions and then I reviewed my answers for the last hour.

Good luck to everyone working towards their certification, especially if you are mostly doing it on your own like I was. It's hard but definitely worth it!

Passed PMP exam on first try August 1 5 years 7 months ago #14765

• Jenikka Ebias
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Anne,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login