fbpx

Reply: Passed on the 2nd attempt!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on the 2nd attempt!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 8 months ago #14726

Stan Po - Admin

Dear Isanders,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

We highly value your genuine feedback. Insights like yours help us improve our products for all our customers. The PMP exam is evolving over time. So do the questions in our PM Exam Simulator. For example, based on the inputs from various sources, such as the posts in this and other forums as well as the tickets submitted via our unique Live Feedback™ feature embedded within the simulator, we have already shortened hundreds of the simulator’s questions to mimic the real exam better. Additionally, as part of our continuous improvement efforts, we systematically update our questions’ database to provide our customers with the top-quality products and the highest value available.

Thanks again and good luck in all your future endeavors.
5 years 8 months ago #14725

Isanders Gudiel

I cleared the PMP on the 2nd attempt – PMBOK 6th edition. Thank you PrepCast for the tools you have put together as they were very helpful for me in passing the exam.

Some background:

I started studying in September 2017 with the PMBOK 5th edition and schedule my exam for November 2017. When I took the PMP exam the 1st time I felt that I wasn’t fully prepared, I needed more practice, but I decided to take it anyways and unfortunately, I didn’t pass. I felt disappointed by the results and decided to take a break before starting to study again.

I restart my studies PMBOK 5th edition on January 2018 and schedule my exam at the end of March. This time I had enough practice and my confidence level was high but 3 weeks prior to my exam I had an emergency surgery. I had to stop studying for a few days and focus on my recovery. I felt temped to change the date of my exam, but I recovered way faster than expected so I didn’t make any changes to my exam date. The date prior to my exam I received a call from the Testing Center, saying my exam was cancelled due to a snow storm. I tried to find a location to test prior to the change from PMBOK 5th edition to 6th edition but couldn’t find one nearby to where I live, I suppose everyone decide to test at last minute. What this meant form me was that I had to start all over again and review the new material included in the 6th edition.

I decided to purchase the PrepCast Elite, even though I already had my 35 hrs required by PMI. I have to say that Cornelius did an amazing job with the videos. The material is high quality, easy to understand and engaging.

My recommendations:
1. Give yourself at least 2 – 3 months to prepare for the exam.
2. Study every day at least for 1 – 2 hrs.
3. Go over all the PrepCast videos and take notes as this will allow you to understand the topic better.
4. Use the PrepCast Simulator – invest in this product is totally worth it. The questions in the simulator are longer than in the exam but this will help you improve your time management. Most questions in my exam were situational and a few math questions, which were not that difficult.
5. Take at least 3 full length 200 question exams to build stamina. If you don’t have the time to seat for 4 hours, then try 50 or 100 question exams, try as many as you can. The key is to review why you got a question wrong and review the right ones.
6. Review the video of Ricardo Vargas on the Elaboration of the processes flow of the PMBOK Guide 6th edition. Easy to understand and will clear a lot of your questions.
7. PMP Exam Mentor app – this was useful to practice when on the road and when I had a few minutes to spear. The app will allow you to study by knowledge area or groups.
8. Celebrate your success!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login