fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP Passed 1st try

PMP Passed 1st try 5 years 8 months ago #14667

• Christopher Dieter
  • Christopher Dieter's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Took my PMP exam on 7/13 (Friday the 13th for extra luck :) ) and passed! First try.

I used the PMBOK Guide, PMP PrepCast and the PMP Exam Simulator. I also did some simple google searches on formulas and critical path method to supplement my studies.

My study plan involved watching the overview summaries on the PrepCast for each of the knowledge areas, then read the corresponding section in the PMBOK Guide. After reading and taking notes, I would go back and watch specific PrepCasts on sections I needed more reinforcement with.

Then I used the exam simulator, which is honestly worth its weight in gold. It prepares you for the types and formats of questions on the PMP exam. Viewing the answers with explanations really helped understand the PMI logic and reasoning behind questions and answers.

Finally, I did a "brain dump" of all the formulas on the provided scrap paper as soon as I sat down for the exam. It helps seeing all the formulas on paper and allows me to reverse engineer certain questions I came across.

And yes, there were times during the exam where I would re-read a question in my head using the voice of Mr. Fichtner. LOL

Thank you PrepCast for a great product and excellent service! Cheers!

PMP Passed 1st try 5 years 8 months ago #14671

• Jenikka Ebias
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Christopher,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you very much for sharing your lessons learned here.

PMP Passed 1st try 5 years 7 months ago #14840

• Jason Yorek
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Congratulations, Christopher!

Did your brain dump consist entirely of the 20 or so formulas, or did you include other things, too?
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login