fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP on 1st attempt with 5AT

Passed PMP on 1st attempt with 5AT 5 years 11 months ago #14239

• RAJA DAS
  • RAJA DAS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Cleared my PMP today with 5AT.
I would like to share me story with all.

Study Material:
Rita 9th edition
PMBOK 6
Youtube content from IzenBridge & Praizon

Study Duration:
3 months (Average 20 hours per week)

Preparation Material:
PrepCast exam set (Excellent source)
PM Training exams set (Very good source)
Rita's Q&A after each chapter (Help you to think from PMI point of view)

Game Plan:
1. Develop crystal concept about each PA, KA, Project Documents. Use of each plan & documents. How processes are interrelated.
2. Try to start thinking from PMI's point of view (Many experienced folks, including me, try to pick wrong answer by using our real life experience)
3. Follow the PDCA i.e. plan for a month's study, execute the plan, give the mock exam , evaluate your strength and weakness and plan further to repeat the cycle
4. Giving mock exams is very very important. Always try to pick unique test sets. Avoid repetition. Use quality questions only.
5. Don't get panicked if you score low during mocks. But make sure your are analyzing the answers for all right and wrong question. I scored below 67 to 87% in mocks.
6. Based on your SWOT, select your study material
7. PREP Cast question standards are really good. The explanations are awesome. Try to understand the concept. Memorization not required.
8. PMBOK is dry but very fundamental. Study Initiation and Closure process from PMBOK. No exception. For rest of the areas go by your choice.
9. Rita will not only help you to pass the exam but make you a better PM. If you have some patient, please give a serious thought for this book. Just awesome book.
10. Real exam questions are very differently formatted. The available answers options are very close. They require your 110% attention. Small words can change the context.
11. Download the ITTO games in your smart phones and play it during free time. This will boost your concept.
12. Last advice, there is no alternative for hard work and practice. Enjoy your journey and visualize the success waiting for you.

Thanks everyone in this forum for sharing their experience as that helped me a lot.
All the best.

Passed PMP on 1st attempt with 5AT 5 years 11 months ago #14247

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Congrats!
Community Moderator

Passed PMP on 1st attempt with 5AT 5 years 11 months ago #14250

• Joao Miguel Beltrao
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Congrats and thank you for the lessons learned!

Passed PMP on 1st attempt with 5AT 5 years 11 months ago #14257

• Rikky Singh
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Raja,
Congratulations on clearing PMP exam.
You have mentioned about having clear concepts on project documents. Just wanted to know if there are questions asking specifically which documents are used in the mentioned situations. Do we need to cram them. Kindly advise.
It will be great if you can provide some example questions on the type of questions asked on project documents in the actual exam.
Thanks.

Passed PMP on 1st attempt with 5AT 5 years 10 months ago #14271

• RAJA DAS
  • RAJA DAS's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Rikky.
I can't disclose the questions.
However, all I can suggest related to your query, for any components of PM plan and PM document you need to develop following understanding.
Which PA/KA is creating it?
What sort of information stored there?
When they are used/updated/referred?

Thanks
Raja
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login