fbpx

Reply: Above Target in all 4 areas- passed on 1st try

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Above Target in all 4 areas- passed on 1st try

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 10 months ago #14119

Luke Ho

How well did you score the mock tests and the questions? I'm currently hovering around 50% for a 30 question session, so I'm wondering my chance of making it in a month.
5 years 10 months ago #14118

Luke Ho

Congrats on the exam. I wish I can say the same thing a couple months from now. Just being curious, when doing the questions, did you do well? I'm currently hovering around 50%, but I learn from the ones I fail.
5 years 10 months ago #14107

Rochelle Martinez

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your lessons learned.
5 years 10 months ago #14106

Scott Gillard

Congratulations!
5 years 10 months ago #14099

Ekwutosi Okoro

's Avatar

I really appreciate the Pm PrepCast and don't believe I would have been able to pass the PMP without it. A couple of things that I found useful during my studies:

1- Don't overwhelm yourself with too many classes at a time. Make a time schedule for the exam which will really give you a chance to process the info since it is A LOT of info. I thought I could complete studies in a month and started to feel stressed out and overwhelmed. I decided to extend it out to 3 months, studying about 10-15 hrs/ wk.

2- I opted to listen to Cornelius' lessons first and then review the PMBOK chapter afterwards. If I felt really comfortable with the info I skimmed the chapter and read more in depth if I felt a little shaky on the topic. I found Rita's book INVALUABLE and preferred reading her book as opposed to the PMBOK. I did however use the PMBOK to review all answers for the PM PrepCast's simulator questions- I ended up answering 1000 questions.

3- Bought the simulator and took 4 mock tests for 4 hours. Did some timed quizzes also when I didn't have the time to do the whole 4 hours. Altogether, did 1000 questions. Started the simulator 2-3 weeks prior to my exam. For me one of the most important things that I wanted to do, was to make sure that I got familiar with how PMI asks its questions and the type of responses that they tended to look for. Many of the answers did not necessarily correspond to how my company expects me to run projects at work.

4- In the practice questions, I made sure to read both the answers that I got right and the ones that I got wrong.

5- Make sure you bring the proper ID on exam day. With the stress of the exam, on exam day I accidentally forgot mine and had to reschedule for another day and pay the re-examination fee. Soooo...check for everything you need for the exam the night before!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login