fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP exam- Thanks to Prepcast

Passed PMP exam- Thanks to Prepcast 6 years 3 weeks ago #13847

• Nimao Amir
  • Nimao Amir's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I passed the PMP exam during the final week before the exam changed (March 2018). I have say, I was hesitant at first but I could not have passed above target without having purchased the PM Prepcast. I read the PMBOK in its entirety, but it was only after going through each prepcast lecture did the concepts have more meaning. The combination of thoroughly explained concepts, visuals, practice questions, and its ease of use was what made the prepcast exceptional. I would listen to the podcast while driving on my way to/from work, while cooking/cleaning.

I dedicated 3 straight months studying for the exam, but read most of the PMBOK chapters prior to.
Sources I used:
1. PMBOK
2. PM Prepcast and Exam Simulator -- I didn't make much use of the simulator questions as I had hoped to. But its an excellent way of testing your knowledge, especially areas you are you feel you are less confident in. The fact that you can select a sample of questions by domain was very helpful! Particularly when you do not have the time to complete a 4 hour exam. But i highly suggest trying the timed exam, as it helps you prepare how to manage your time for each question, which is very critical. I dont know if its just me, but i find i needed all 4 hours for that exam.
3. PMP Exam Prep by rita mulcahy-- I spent the last week reading this book and its test questions, which i find was the best way to end my studying.

Final Tip: I did not memorize every tool and technique that falls under each knowledge area. Im sure you will hear Cornelius and others tell you this as well, but once you UNDERSTAND them it'll be that much easier to know where each Tool/technique falls under. I did however memorize the 5 Process groups, their knowledge areas, and their main outputs. I spent the first 10 mins of the exam doing a brain dump on my scrap paper, which saved me time in answering each question. Study Integration last, it really does "integrate" all the process groups, which can be overwhelming if studied first.

Thank you Cornelius & team!

Passed PMP exam- Thanks to Prepcast 6 years 3 weeks ago #13849

• Ty Weston, PMP
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 37
Great to hear, thanks for sharing!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login