fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Lessons Learned - Passed PMP on 3/24

Lessons Learned - Passed PMP on 3/24 6 years 3 weeks ago #13814

• Kevin Cahill
  • Kevin Cahill's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I used the PM PrepCast podcasts, PrepCast Exam Sim and Formulas Guide, all of which I highly recommend. Rita's guide was great. I also used Dan Ryans' exam sim and ITTO spreadsheet. I made some modifications to the ITTO spreadsheet to show the flow of various Inputs through the process. For example, I created a process flow for how deliverables go from beginning to end through the various processes. This helped me to put ITTO's together and helped on the exam to know where the PM was in the process for each question, as opposed to simply memorizing ITTO's. In other words, you need to know the relationships between the ITTO's in the processes, not just what they are in any given process.

I did not have any calculation questions on my exam, but I did have a number of questions that required me to interpret the calculated EVM values given. This was quite challenging, in that most EVM questions in the simulators are just calculations, not interpretation, of the results.

I'm very happy to have passed on my first try. I wish everyone good luck on their exam!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login