fbpx

Reply: Passes PMP exam! March 23rd, 1st attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passes PMP exam! March 23rd, 1st attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 1 day ago #13795

Ty Weston, PMP

Good job!
6 years 2 days ago #13793

Joerg Sperling

Passed on my first attempt on Friday and below some feedback:
Study Material:
- PMBOK (I really had to force myself to go through this book - very dry and hard to digest)
- PMP prepa clasroom training course from Threon
- Prepcast podcast
- Prepcast simulator
- Rita book (I focused on some chapters / reading)

overall study approach
- I already had some (several years) real life project management experience prior to attending the Threon PMP prepa training
- I then lost my PMP exam focus for almost 1,5 years due to some professional commitment and eventually managed to restart in February 2018
- I then started to listen to the podcast on my commute to and from work, this also allowed me to repeat or expedite certain lessons
- I got serious about my PMP exam back in mid January and registered for the exam date March 23rd. However, my real study period with going through the PMBOK, reading the formula guide and Rita started only mid of February
- The PMP Exam Simulator helped me to get more familar with the style and type of questions. Furthermore, having practiced two prep exams helped me to get familar with the time it takes, the pressure, the necessary concentration etc.
- Having completed the exam, I then spent almost the same time to go over the correct answers as well as over the wrong answers to be able to indentify my areas of improvement/special study

- Finally, I took the exam last Friday and eventually passed after 4h incl. two short breaks!

Speaking for myself, the PMP prepcast as well as the exam simulator have really helped a lot. Thanks to Cornelius and the team!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login