fbpx

Reply: I passed the exam on my first try!!!!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I passed the exam on my first try!!!!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 2 weeks ago #13821

Angela Wohlleber

Great job!! I also felt the pressure to get prepared prior to the change to PMBOK 6th Edition and passed my exam the same day. I hope you feel as relieved as I do!!!
6 years 3 weeks ago #13802

Mark Lacattiva

Nice work!
6 years 3 weeks ago #13796

Ty Weston, PMP

Congrats, I am sure you are relieved.
6 years 3 weeks ago #13792

Geri Genovese

's Avatar

So excited to say I passed the PMP exam on my first attempt on Friday March 23 thanks to PM PrepCast. I felt pressure to “get it done” since the exam was changing on Monday March 26, 2018. The thought of starting over on PMBoK 6 edition was not a path I wanted to take. Who wants to be the guinea pig on the 1st exam.
To prep for the exam I purchased the PM Prep-Cast on January 4th with the exam simulator. I watched the core PodCast during my morning walks or when driving to work and took 8 out of the 9 test and saw my scores continued to better. I found the best feature was to see the results sections in the exams which showed areas (knowledge or process) that I was struggling in to re-watch PodCast and then retest.
If I were to do it again (thank goodness I don’t need to) I would not just listen to the PodCast but instead watch and listen to them together which was a useful way to remember the concepts. I also found the simulator test through PM PrepCast to include more detail than the exam which were more vague and if you didn’t understand the concept, there were multiple answers that would fit. Understanding the process is key.
The weekend of March 10 & 11 I signed up for Weekend Coaching session with Dan Ryan and he simplified so many of the concepts and help me prioritize what information I should focus on. He also shared some worksheets and excel document with Knowledge Areas and Processes that linked to each other which helped me sort out in my mind the process and connections between inputs, outputs and ITTOs. This training was invaluable.
Good luck to you, hope this helps.
G.Genovese

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login