fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Before I was an aspirant , now I am official PMP Certified :)

Before I was an aspirant , now I am official PMP Certified :) 6 years 3 weeks ago #13727

• Abhijit Desai
  • Abhijit Desai's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello Everyone,
I have cleared my PMP exam on 20th March 2018 with score –
Above Target ( in Planning , Executing , Closing processes ) and Target ( in Initiating and Monitoring & Control processes) .

Few tips to share , based on my experience –

• Prepare your own Study plan based on your (day or week) routine .
• Regular and focused study is must .
• Read and focus on Exam objectives/outline from PMI website .
• Read PMBOK at least 2-3 times .
• Read any one reference PMP Study guide ( from author like Kim Heldman , Rita Mulcahy , Head First or any other you like ) .
I personally like Kim Heldman’s book , as it was to the point and professionally illustrated concepts with case study + processes wise Questions + Audio clips .
• Take IMP notes when you read study material or solve questions - This will be handy reminder/reference notes during your last review & before exam day .
• Regularly revise this note & as per plan you have prepared.
• Solve maximum questions and real time mock exam tests –
I personally used PM-Prepcast Exam simulator and it provided strong question banks to prepare and to get ready for passing PMP exam .
It provides flexibility to learn on our own space ( learning and time mode questions ) , As per area of improvement / focus ( i.e. as per domain or knowledge area wise )
and 9 full length tests with detailed answer explanation ( which is more than enough ) – to gauge your readiness for PMP exam .
Great work done by PrepCast Team and Cornelius Fichtner !!!
Thank you so much for this great tool , exam LL forum , sharing tips and tricks over mails etc - it was worth decision to purchase PM-Prepcast Exam Simulator quality tool .
I will defiantly refer to PrepCast products to others and myself for other product Certifications .
• Total preparation durations 4-5 months .

Final Exam –

• Take enough rest day before exam . Do not over read or exert yourself .
• Confidently appear for exam .
• Exam question were short , but complex & situational base .
• No direct ITTO based questions , but embedded in situational conditions ( you can easily pick right answer , if you understand ITTO concept and its real use ) .
• 3-4 mathematical calculations ( from Time , Cost , Communications ) .
• Understanding PMBOK concept and answering them on same way in exam or on situational questions is very important .

Good luck & All the best for all PMP aspirant !

Before I was an aspirant , now I am official PMP Certified :) 6 years 3 weeks ago #13729

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Awesome! Congrats!
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login