fbpx

Reply: Passed with Above Target all areas - Know Change Management!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed with Above Target all areas - Know Change Management!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 1 week ago #13680

Stan Po - Admin

Dear Lindsey,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
6 years 1 week ago #13672

Lindsey Bredin

's Avatar

I passed with above target in all areas today. It was my first time.

Study Materials: Primarily, I used PMBOK guide and PM Prepcast. After I went through the contact hours with the prepcast, I studied by process group rather than knowledge area. I found it easier to follow the logic when I learned by stage. Otherwise it was hard to piece it all together. I borrowed Rita Mulcahy's book from the library but I didn't find it helpful. It is more like a workbook and the effort it required was not efficient, in my opinion. I downloaded an app to my phone, PMP Pocket Prep, but again, Im not sure how great it is. Occasionally, I used google to clarify terms. I found that I couldn't do more than 4 hours a day reviewing or 2 processes at a time. After that, I wasn't taking anything in. This meant I had to work consistently (evenings/weekend) rather than cram it in, I forced me to be more disciplined.
Simulator: Very useful. It highlighted areas that I needed to focus on. It also improved my confidence. I did 4 tests - receiving 77% 3 mts before exam and most recently was 87% a week ago. I was also able to understand pacing and breaks. I started by going over all the questions but I found that it didn't help. Yes, I corrected some answers but then changed some correct answers so the benefit was negligible.
Exam: There was a lot of questions where the answer was change request. In fact, there was so many that I worried I was doing it wrong. There was also quite a bit of communications and stakeholder management questions. In terms of calculations, there was comms channels questions, a couple of EVM questions and critical path questions. I took two breaks - after 70 and 150 questions complete. I finished with 30 minutes left. I am a native English speaker and I think this helped move quicker through the questions.

Overall, I worked very hard. Cornelius is a hero! I am glad it's over but I will miss his jolly manner.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login