fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed with above target - my thoughts on the PM prepcast, PM exam simulator and the PMP exam

Passed with above target - my thoughts on the PM prepcast, PM exam simulator and the PMP exam 6 years 1 month ago #13617

• Patrick Franchini
  • Patrick Franchini's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
My PMP certification was a 3 month process, the first half listening to pm-prepcasts exclusively and the last half doing the pm exam simulator and using the PMBOK guide . I achieved above target in all categories on my first attempt.

Here are my thoughts on the process:

PM prepcast - a good overview of the PMBOK guide, well presented and I liked the flexibility of listening on the go and while doing other things. Having said this, using them on their own I believe it would be difficult to pass the exam.
PM exam simulator - This was the key to passing the PMP exam. I used it in conjunction with the PMBOK guide to understand in depth the concepts covered in the exam. My only criticism of the simulator questions is that they were too clear and did not reflect the vagueness of the PMP exam questions.
PMP exam - I was done the exam in approx 3.5 hours and spent the last half hour in review. I found the questions to be much more vague than the PM exam simulator. When I did the PM exam simulator I found perhaps 1/10 questions to be vague whereas in the PMP exam it was more like 1/2. Having said this, I did achieve above target in all areas so my study with the exam simulator and PMBOK guide was effective and I was able to navigate the vagueness.

Overall I would recommend the PM prepcast and especially the PM exam simulator to Project Managers in pursuit of PMP certification

Passed with above target - my thoughts on the PM prepcast, PM exam simulator and the PMP exam 6 years 1 month ago #13618

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Dear Patrick,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. I remember the valuable inputs that you submitted through our simulator Live Feedback™ support feature. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

We take feedback from our customers seriously and use it to continuously improve our products. With regards to the ambiguity of the questions in the simulator comparing to the real exam: you mentioned that the number of vague questions on the real exam was much higher than in the simulator. When you say the question is vague - do you mean the question text, the answer choices, or both?

Thank you for making us aware of this and helping us improve our products for all our customers.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC

Passed with above target - my thoughts on the PM prepcast, PM exam simulator and the PMP exam 6 years 1 month ago #13628

• Saqlain Dhirani
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey Patrick,

what kind of grades were you getting on prep simulator?

Passed with above target - my thoughts on the PM prepcast, PM exam simulator and the PMP exam 6 years 1 month ago #13642

• Patricia Jamrozowicz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Both were vague

Passed with above target - my thoughts on the PM prepcast, PM exam simulator and the PMP exam 6 years 1 month ago #13652

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Thank you, Patricia.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC

Passed with above target - my thoughts on the PM prepcast, PM exam simulator and the PMP exam 6 years 1 month ago #13653

• Patricia
  • Patricia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Is it ethical for them to make the questions and answers to the questions so vague?

I took the exam this past week and failed. My studying consisted of reading the PMBOK, reading Rita book and her flashcards, as well as doing the PM Training practice exams. I studied for 5 1/2 months daily and was not working. I passed with a 70% or higher on all of my Rita quizzes in the book, as well as on the PM Training practice exams that I purchased or $57 online.

Any advice on where I can get questions to study that as just as vague as the PMP exam one's? The Rita quiz and PM Training questions are explained well, but the PMP exam is nothing like those questions. It's vague!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login