fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PASSED MY EXAMS

PASSED MY EXAMS 6 years 1 month ago #13606

• George Nuer
  • George Nuer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I finally passed my CAPM exams yesterday with the following scores but in all my scores was Above Target:

7 Above Targets ( All Except those below)
3 Targets ( Project Communication, Project Procurement, and Project Quality Management)
1 Below Target ( Project Cost Management)

This is my second attempt at the exams. Before my first attempt, I was using some other practice questions which were scoring me 80% to 90% so I thought I was very ready for the CAPM Exams but I failed. I searched and came across PM PrepCast and after giving it a try with the sample questions I went ahead to subscribe to the full CAPM Exams Simulator. I read through Rita's Book and the PMBOK Guide by using a 4 months preparation time period since I was not getting enough time to study. I started attempting the questions but was scoring lower than the target score each time I took it. Now, what I did was to review all the questions I answered correctly as well as those I answered incorrectly. Why? because there might be some questions I answered correctly but through guessing. I took a serious look at the ITTOs by using MS excel sort of and playing it as a game each time (anytime I get a correct answer it gives me a green color) anyway that was my format. I hardly get a score of 75% in the CAPM Exam Simulator, but I guess because the questions were so challenging. I was worried just like anyone else.

On the D day, which was yesterday I actually find the questions so easy despite the first ten questions nearly took me off but I flagged them for review because of the answers were so similar and could have easily made a mistake in choosing the wrong ones. In short, I was able to answer the whole 150 questions, had enough time to review ALL the questions again and made some few changes in my answers even those I felt they were correct turned out to be wrong on the second review. I did that and had extra 10mins before finally submitting my answers. Thanks to the PM PrepCast team for the level of questions and the explanations. Any question I do not understand a question as well as the answer I email them to explain and that was a BIG PLUS. The whole aspect of having a full set of questions on ITTOs was very impressive.

Anyone preparing for the exams either PMBOK 5 or 6 should make sure to read everything in the PMBOKs and any other reading material and then make sure you practice the questions and review the answers each time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Minghao Sun
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login