fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PMP Exam - Lessons Learned

PMP Exam - Lessons Learned 6 years 1 month ago #13545

• Gladys
  • Gladys's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I passed the PMP exam last month. The main lesson learned for me was DETERMINATION. There are lots of information we already know as project managers, but maybe we haven't given them a definition or a specific name to what we do. Memorising those names and associating our usual practices to what PMI defines is not easy if we aren't determined to do so.
I watched Cornelius' videos for a couple of months even when I was hiking for 2 weeks in Patagonia. I downloaded the videos prior the trip and considering that I was in the middle of mountains and glaciers with no signal whatsoever, it was great to have the videos on my phone to keep learning after each long day hiking. I created a nice summary of all the slides and that helped me to remember the contents. Afterwards I used a "How to pass the PMP Exam" type of book and the simulator that came with it. I prepared another nice summary and read those notes one final time. With that I scheduled the exam and I passed it on the first attempt.
It was a great accomplishment, but it wouldn't have been possible without the determination of doing so (even when I was on holidays in the middle of nowhere). So... Good luck to all the students and all the good vibes for not giving up on the decision to become a certified PMP. That's the key to success!

PMP Exam 6 years 1 month ago #13579

• Subrata Guha
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Just thought of sharing my story!
One friend of mine cleared PMP exam this past Jan and when he shared his cert, somehow it gave me a push and I thought of giving it a shot - just like that! I had no idea about how to go about it or 5th vs 6th edition stuff!
After I did the research and when I started looking for some training that would help me get my 35 hours' cert, I found precast quite convenient. So I subscribed to prepcast on 7th Feb. After wasting a day, I started watching the video clips seriously from 8th - they are quite helpful! I diligently spend more than 40+ hrs over the next few weeks regularly and took the exam on 27 and, wow, passed!!
The next day, I applied online - the process really took time, but could do it in a day! Fortunately enough, I received PMI's confirmation on 6th morning (I stay in SE Asia, so time is an advantage for me) . Immediately, I tried to book a slot at the solitary prometric center in KL but the only slot I had was either on 8th or 9th! No choice - booked for 9th! Then I needed to take the next few days off and spent quite sometime and took 4 tests - 16 hours + took many quizzes. I scored 66%, 79%, 79.5% and 74% . Appeared for the exam on 9th and passed!
I'd like to share one imp point - PMP exam mostly included situational questions and not many ITTO questions - I think none for me really. So please don't get bogged down in ITTO issues!
Thanks to Cornelius and his team and for those who take the exam in the next few weeks - Wish you Good Luck!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login