fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP yesterday on my first attempt!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP yesterday on my first attempt!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 4 weeks ago #13423

Ty Weston, PMP

Thanks for sharing and congrats!!
6 years 1 month ago #13410

Yuki Mukaida

For PMP aspirants, I'd like to share how I prepared for the exam.
If I can do it, you can do it!

Study Period: 1 year
The whole preparation took me nearly one year on and off due to my oversea assignments to a country where there was no Prometric test center. Also, to stay away from my busy work, I had one month leave from work to study fulltime.

Study Materials:
- Prepcast, 2-3 times/session
- PMBOK 5th, once
- Head First PMP, 2-3 times
- PMP apps, for flashcards and sample test
- Sample questions and mock exam on Prepcast and Head First PHP 2 times

Memorization techinique:
For the last 2 weeks, I wrote down 47 processes and key formulas on a blank paper everyday. Also I created a ITTOs chart PDF and download it to my smartphone, then I walkthroughed during my study break. This is not just scanning the list. By going through each item, I explained to myself why these processes and ITTOs are needed at specific order and timing, according to these study materials.

During the exam: Focus on the exam
4-hour exam is stressful. 200 questions, and some are talking about critical project situations, it can be quite distracting. Whenever I felt I lost focus, I needed quickly remind myself of the expensive exam fee and the agony for the last one month that I would never want to repeat again.

Study Buddy:
I had no study buddy, but I knew my ex-colleague got pass already during her busy work, which was really encouraging and made me realize that this exam is feasible.

Prepcast was really the right choice for a person who studies solo. It's more than study material. Many encouraging phrasing and messages between class materials kept me going and saved me from total solitude. Thanks a lot for the great meterial.

I wish all the best for PMP aspirants, and now we are moving to version 6th. I'm now excited to read through the version 6th.
Thanks to PrepCast again and keep on the great work!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login