fbpx

Reply: PMP Exam: I passed my exam on first attempt - Feb 17, 2018

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Exam: I passed my exam on first attempt - Feb 17, 2018

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 1 month ago #13283

Ty Weston, PMP

That is fantastic to hear!
6 years 1 month ago #13281

Renee

's Avatar

HI,

I passed my PMP exam on my first attempt, here is a summary of my experience:

I took a course on Master PMP Certificate last Sep, the course gave me a general concept for the PMBok book, I never studied the PMBok but I used it as reference to read subjects when it is required.

by Mid Dec I bought Rita Mulcahhy Book and start reading it thoroughly, Rita's book gave me a better understand to the Project Management concepts plus the book language is more comprehensive than the PMBok. Only thing is missing are the Inputs, Tools and Techniques and Outputs for each process, which are not highlighted and listed as PMBOk.

I did read the book for 2 times, and I understand the life cycle of the PMBok table page 61 plus Rita's table chart that was a key to pass the exam.
I didn't do any exam simulator except Rita's quizzes plus and short exams online including PrepCast.

yesterday I had my exam, the questions were harder than Rita's book but if you understand the concept you will pass.
I scored as below:
Initiation: on Target
Planning: Above Target
Executing: Above Target
Monitor and Control: Above Target
Closing: Target

Know the Project Management concept and understand and memorize the formulas, above all understand the sequence of the 47 process, those are the keys to pass the exam.

Good luck...and cheers..

Renee

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login