fbpx

Reply: Key for Success

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Key for Success

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 6 months ago #23468

Aspirant

's Avatar

Hello, congratulations! Can you please give a link to Risos book. As I can’t find where to buy it

Thanks a lot in advance!!
6 years 1 month ago #13079

Marcela Galvis

's Avatar

I presented the exam yesterday for the 2nd time and I got an Above Target score. The first time I prepared it with an online $400 course. I studied 4 hours per day for 4 weeks. The 2nd time I put the same time but totally changed my strategy, I used what I considered a magic formula: Jack Risos Ace the PMP Exam and Cornelius Fichtner PMP Exam simulators.

I think Mr. Risos' book has several strengths: 1) It has the right approach by teaching the content going along the Processes (e.g. Initiation, Scope, Time, etc) vs. the Knowledge Areas like most of the courses and books do. Wherever possible (e.g. those the processes that cross with Integration and Planning), the book gives you a suggestion for the sequencing of steps. This is VERY important to be able to answer the situational questions of the exam, which are the majority.
2) The ideas and content is very uncluttered. The minimum possible, I did appreciate considering the dense content of the PMBOK.
3) The e-book and overall format is a joy to read, to do searches, to create flash cards, to review content, to do the quizzes etc...

Also, the Cornelius Fichtner Exam Simulators (like the real exam) were key to build endurance and get better at the questions format. This exam does test endurance (4 hours + 15 min tutorial +5 min of survey at the end). Everyone one learns differently, but in my opinion doing at least 3 of those simulators before is key. Reading the corrections provide GREAT study content. Also it prepares your body and soul for the experience.

Last, by no means attempt to write any notes during the tutorial (before the exam countdown clock starts). Some people in the forum adviced it but THIS IS NOT ALLOWED. The Prometrics site will make it clear for you. Good luck!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login