fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP- Lessons learned

Passed PMP- Lessons learned 6 years 2 months ago #13173

• Mahdi
  • Mahdi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi friends,
I passed PMP exam today in my first attempt and want to share my experience with you. This was my preparation plan:
1- studied PMBOK one time and took detail notes.
2- Took Rita Fast Track test. the score was 65%. I took this exercise cause I want to have a sense of the real exam.
2- Studied Rita book
3- Took Lehman sample test (75 Q's). score was 68%
4- Reviewed my notes and tried to focus on my knowledge gaps
5- Took Lehman sample test (175Q's). Score was 76%
6- Took Rita fast track one week before the exam. score was 86%
7- during the week I skimmed the PMBOK 2 times and reviewed my notes also skimmed Rita book.
8- A day before the exam, I focused on memorizing ITTO's
9- Passed the exam. All process groups was "Above Target"
I found the exam more logical and simpler than Lehman test and close to Rita's Fast track tests. Questions was not too long and seems very easy to me. there were just about 15-20 challenging questions. I thinks PMBOK and Rita is more than enough to pass the exam. the thing that is more important than study, is experience and have a seance of how projects and organizations work.
Good Luck.

Passed PMP- Lessons learned 6 years 2 months ago #13203

• Jada Garrett
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Congrats Mahdi on becoming PMP certified and sharing your lessons learned
Jada Garrett, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login