fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed on first try!

Passed on first try! 6 years 3 months ago #13017

• Rebeka Luke
  • Rebeka Luke's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
HIGHLY recommend the PM Prepcast product line to anyone seeking to pass the exam! The area where I was weakest in the simulator proved to be my weakest area in the real deal but I am glad for that knowledge ahead of time. Above Target in four out of the five process groups and in Target in the remaining - don't know that I could have done it without the preparation this program gave me.

Passed on first try! 6 years 3 months ago #13023

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
may I know the study time spent on this sources. (number of months of preparation)
Thanks in advance. And job well done. congrats.!!!

Passed on first try! 6 years 3 months ago #13034

• Rebeka
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Anonymous,

I began studying in late July by reading a chapter a day of the Rita Mulcahy PMP Exam Prep (8th Edition) book. When I had made it through that book I registered for and began the PM PrepCast course (8 August). I dedicated any where from 2-4 hours each night to get though this course as I also work full time. I took the end of course exam for this on 12 September - so it took just over a month for me to complete the course - every hour worth it! After course completion I began reading PMBOK 5th Edition - a chapter each evening - and then when complete started over again with Mulcahy materials. I alternated back and forth until after Christmas (I had another certification I had to study for and renew mid-stream so I took approximately two and a half weeks off in mid-October to do that), when I activated my PM Prep Simulator and took a Simulator exam every Thursday evening and Sunday midday (my test was a mid-morning on Saturday so I wanted at least one day where it was near to test time). I supplemented this with a free app for my phone (PMP Prep I believe) where I took a 50 question test each evening in addition to reading whatever chapter was that evening. I dedicated a lot of followup time to those questions/areas that I had issues with in the simulator and last week focused my reading on those chapters in each respective book. In sum it was nearly 6 months to the day between when I began prep and when I tested. Well worth every penny spent.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login