fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP exam at 1st attempt (Jan 18, 2018) some info to share...

Passed PMP exam at 1st attempt (Jan 18, 2018) some info to share... 6 years 3 months ago #12946

• Dmitry Popov
  • Dmitry Popov's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Many thanks to Cornelius for his brilliantly designed prepcast, formula guide with 105 questions (worth every penny) and simulators.
Here is something I would to share with prospective aspirants:

1. Many times I've heard the advice to create a dump sheet during 15 min of tutorial. It looks like, this is not an option anymore, at least in Prometric center in San Jose, CA this is NOT allowed. As soon as I started writing formulas, I was approached by the Prometric rep who took my papers away and replaced with a new ones. I wonder if this is only local practice...

2. During preparation, I decided to spend more time on formulas and network diagrams thinking that if English is not my mother tongue, then I must get at least all formulas questions right. For me this strategy did not work at all, out of 200 questions I can remember only 2 or 3 that required an actual calculations. Well... at least now I know what is "Point of Total Assumption" by heart... just wake me up at night... :)

3. I strongly recommend everyone who want to learn ITTOs quick to create a spreadsheet with all ITTOs, analyze it and if anything is not clear, refer to PMBOK Guide. I did this exercise twice, the last time right before the exam, and I guess this is what really helps to answer situational questions right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aolat A Chike
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login