fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed Above Target in All Process Groups!

Passed Above Target in All Process Groups! 6 years 3 months ago #12862

• Zachary Fisher
  • Zachary Fisher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Happy to share with the community here that I passed the PMP yesterday with above target in all areas. The Exam Simulator was easily the most important factor in my preparation.

My journey has been on-and-off for the last couple years -- I had previously ordered and read through the PMBOK and Rita's book but then got distracted by being a new parent for a while. It was hard for me to master the material with simply those read-throughs. At my job, I had a full PMP curriculum of SkillSoft courses available. Plowing through those last summer helped finally set a solid foundation of the PMI framework. The upcoming exam change in March is what finally motivated me to go full-force in pursuit of this goal and I began intensive study in October.

My study was centered around the practice exams in the simulator. I'd aim to take a practice exam each Sunday, and then spend the following week remediating my incorrect answers. I'd first visit the PMBOK reference provided in the exam simulator. If I needed further clarification, I'd reference the Rita book and then Google and YouTube. If I got <85% on a knowledge area on an individual exam or in my cumulative exam statistics, I'd reread that chapter and take the test at the end of the chapter. If I felt like I needed further clarification, I'd start searching Google and YouTube.

My results in the simulator:

Exam 1: 82%
Exam 2: 88%
Exam 3: 88%
Exam 4: 89%
Exam 5: 91%
Exam 6: 88%
Exam 7: 89%
Exam 8: 92%
Exam 9 (ITTO): 93%

The actual test was similar to the simulator, though the questions were more ambiguous. Nonetheless, the simulator was my x-factor and certainly punches above its price point. I am pleased to join the ranks of the PMPs!

Passed Above Target in All Process Groups! 6 years 3 months ago #12863

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Congrats!
Community Moderator
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zachary Fisher

Passed Above Target in All Process Groups! 6 years 3 months ago #12881

• Rohan Panade PMP
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Many Congratulations Zachary.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login