fbpx

Reply: Passed at first attempt with Above target in all knowledge areas

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed at first attempt with Above target in all knowledge areas

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 2 months ago #12753

NALLAKUMAR RAJAMANICKAM

Hi all,
Successfully Completed PMP with above target in all Process groups in the first attempt.
Sources referred,
PM Prepcast – Video lessons (Feels like you have teacher with you)
PMBOK – Main source (for flowcharts)
Rita – 2nd Important source
Headfirst – If unable to catch concept above three sources (only for concept/ cross verification)
Aileen Ellis – All books (For problems solving& exam pattern)
Preparation method:
Due to my working timing in oilfield (Desert area), selected early morning 2.00 AM to start my day with studies and writing ITTO and abbreviations for the same.
Gone through one knowledge area at a time in all resources, watch the video and make flash cards (Pocket size foldable) process wise and Notes. One week one knowledge area and some areas like Schedule, Risk& integration took 10 days but still covered in 12 weeks including first 3 chapters. Than till exam time reviewed with notes& Flashcards.
Followed videos and noted hints knowledge area wise(You have to watch slide by slide and audio also since hints are between words of his speech not only in the slide).
Regarding ITTO, My strategy is process group wise. Like initiation two processes with its tools and techniques and so on. Initiation & Closing has only 4 processes but 20% coverage, Execution 8 process but 31% coverage, Monitoring & controlling 11 process but 25% coverage and Planning has 24 processes for 24% of coverage. Please give importance process group wise and relate each knowledge area& process. And read abbreviations from PMBOK at the same time and try to regular use.
Rita book is ultimate and goes through thrice as they advised understand ideas by heart it is useful.
Important (as Project management also state), Please read all the Lessons learned, it is very useful and you can find options to study and focus.
Simulators used
1. Simulator offered by PM Prepcast is more than sufficient to tell you the real exam except highlighting text (Please add that future also).
2. One more source is Projectmangment.com/ challenge, where you can get badges also while answering.
3. One mobile app (Different from PM Prepcast). Whenever time allows to answer, do it.
During Exam:
Before entering exam centre I have watched APJ sir speech if you follow any other thing which refreshes you please do.
1. First, attended all easy questions except formula based and run through every doubtful/ difficult question with ”Marked” and highlight important text and strike clear cut rejected answers. It took two hours for me to complete 200 question with 85+ with marked. Don’t waste time to mark the question for later review in the first round.
2. During second round, answered all formula questions& network diagrams (only 15+ questions) and mark remaining
3. Redo the strategy till your removing “Marked” from all questions.
4. If I felt an answer correct at first time marked but ensured that I have followed the rule of elimination first.

Final notes:
Very good journey.
Except highlighting important points in the Simulation part everything is ok in PM Prepcast& simulator.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login