fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed on Dec 18th on the first attempt

Passed on Dec 18th on the first attempt 6 years 3 months ago #12736

• Genevieve Pluviose, PMP
  • Genevieve Pluviose, PMP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
I took about 2 months to prepare to take the exam. I had way too many resources:
Andy Crowes, Rita Mulcahy, Aileen Ellis (her main book plus booklets on Earned Value and Critical Path), and the Head First PMP book.
I eventually focused on the PMBOK, Andy Crowes book, PM StudyCoach, a UDEMY PMP preparatory course…. I loved the questions from the Study Coach!
This you tube video also helped me learn some flows/ trends pertaining to ITTOs:
youtube.com/watch?v=DvGymLeeS9o
I then downloaded the ITTO game app and that was invaluable. After you learn a knowledge area, just do this game everywhere: during your commute(not while driving!), in line etc.
I built a spreadsheet with all the ITTOS, corresponding Knowledge Areas and Process Groups it was helpful if I needed to see which categories ITTOS were associated with on the fly.
I haven’t studied like this since college so it was tough ramping up. The key (for me) is to get through the knowledge areas and spend a LOT of time doing tests. I really utilized my smart phone and tablet to listen to the Study Coach in the car and during my commute.
I also wrote out the 47 processes and 16 elements of the Project Management plan daily so I knew them cold.
I also created flashcards: I found it helpful to list the Knowledge Area and Process the term of the card was from.
My study approach was mainly this. For each Knowledge Area, read Andy Crowe, Read the PMBOK, do questions until you get them all right.
The PM Simulator was awesome. I liked the filtering options for quizzes and full tests. I took six of the full exams and the Saturday before my test I took a 100 question quiz.
In order, I scored a 79, 83.5, 85, 82.5, 87, 85.5 and on the quiz I got a 90. I think it is important to decompress at least 1 day before the test – no heavy studying!!!
The morning of the test I ran through my flash cards one more time then stopped. I made sure I was properly hydrated and fed.
I felt the exam questions could be interpreted more than one way… I gave the best answer I could then once done reviewed marked questions until my time ran out. I answered the survey at the end, because I was so nervous for my results and then the screen flashed that I passed and I was so relieved. I was above target overall with an above target score in 4 out of 5 process groups. Closing was on target.
Thank you, Cornelius!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brittany Tyrrell
Last edit: by Rochelle Martinez.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login