fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed my PMP on first try

Passed my PMP on first try 6 years 3 months ago #12645

• Bahram Yaghobinia
  • Bahram Yaghobinia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Good day all:
I took a course on-line, offered by my employer, about 6 months ago. I found it very helpful. Joined Dan's classes (very good offer and could not resist). Very helpful if you were prepared for each class. Ordered the simulator and did practice questions anytime I had a chance using my cell phone.
My exam was on a Friday. So I took a week off from work and did 6 full 4 hours exams. My average, at the end, was about 80%.
I found the exam very challenging. I had to use the full 4 hours to complete it. Based on my experience, do not spend too much time on memorizing. You need to learn the processes according to PMI. I would say this is the only way you can pass this exam (I did very well in my exam as I did my best to understand the logic behind all the processes during my study).

For anyone who is getting ready for the exam, good luck.

Passed my PMP on first try 6 years 3 months ago #12648

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
congrats~!
Community Moderator

Passed my PMP on first try 6 years 3 months ago #12712

• Miriam
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Congrats, Bahram.

I'll have my exam in a week. Can you please tell me how to best study the logic behind a process?

Thanks,
Miriam
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login