fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP Exam on First Attempt 12/15

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP Exam on First Attempt 12/15

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
6 years 3 months ago #12637

Lisa Gurgol

I have been looking forward to writing this post since I first gained access to these forums!

I passed the PMP on my first attempt with above target scores on 12/15/17. I used the PrepCast, PMBOK, Rita, group sessions with Dan Ryan, and PM Exam Simulator. Honestly, I think I could have done without the Rita and the PM Tutor group sessions, because the PrepCast content that Cornelius puts together covers so much information in an easily understandable format.

My system...
Read one chapter of the PMBOK and watched the coordinating PrepCast content each week. Writing notes as I listened to the PrepCast really helped me remember the details.
After getting through about half of the chapters I started taking practice exams, one per week leading up to the exam. The simulator was essential to my success, I think going with the high quality simulator made a huge positive difference for me on test day.
I set up my study timeline so that I completed studying for all chapters 2 weeks prior to the exam. I used the final two weeks to review anything that still confused me and memorize equations.

My brain dump sheet contained PERT, EVM formulas, and page 61.

I feel the need to say again, the content in the PrepCast was invaluable. Cornelius, thank you so much for your high quality content!!!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login