fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Best Exam Simulators

Best Exam Simulators 6 years 5 months ago #12445

• Jurgen Niehaus
  • Jurgen Niehaus's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
HI,

I bought access the exam simulators listed below. I have taken four exams and multiple quizzes from the PM Prepcast Simulator. My latest score was 83.5%. I have read that the PM Prepcast exam simulator is not as hard as Rita's. Should I focus on PM Prepcast or take as many exams as possible from all the simulators. I am scheduled to take the exam on December 7th.

PM Prepcast Simulator
Rita M. PM FasTrack
PMStudy
Brainbok

Thanks in advance.

Best Exam Simulators 6 years 4 months ago #12483

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
The prepcast is going to help you understand the concepts and key points. Just doing the exams is a memorization of questions. To be honest I've done the "exam only" method years ago for Microsoft Certs. This was a common practice 20 years ago, which is why the PMP is the way it is. It's very situational and intentionally built to circumvent memorizing questions. The questions, while close to the real thing, are not exact. I believe that is intentional as PM Prepcast can get into trouble for copyrighting the actual questions from the exam. (don't hold me to that) I can say that it does help with both learning some concepts, as well as, how to pace yourself for the real thing. Skipping the Prepcast videos will absolutely leave gaps in areas as the practice exams will not cover everything. if you are scoring that high, it sounds like you have a good grasp on things already.

All that being said, pick a topic you think you could strengthen and try a video. If you think it's not helping go back to the exams. If you are picking up new things you aren't getting in the exams, stick with the videos.
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login