fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed my PMP exam on first try.

Passed my PMP exam on first try. 6 years 5 months ago #12429

• Scott Smith
  • Scott Smith's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I followed almost all of Cornelius' advice and was successful in my first attempt.
I reviewed all the Pod Casts, and also utilized "Achieve PMP success, 5th edition." I memorized the one thing Cornelius suggested (the process names and where they fell under the 5 domains.) Additionally, I also memorized the tools and techniques for Integration, HR, Communication, and Risk. But mainly, I did as was recommitted and just made sure that I clearly understood all the tool and techniques so that I could see how they interacted with the processes.
I signed up for and took 8 PMP practice exams that Cornelius recommended - and that was very helpful! The first 2 I passed but barely with 70's. After that I got the rhythm and passed the rest in the 80's.
I took 3 months of steady studying, 2-4 hours per day. This worked best for me. The last month, I started the memorize the brain dump so that I could start taking the practice exams. By the time I got to the real exam, it was second nature and took no more than 15 mins. It was very helpful and I highly recommend doing it while the brain is fresh in the beginning!
I did get audited and that added 3 weeks to the process - I highly recommend having an existing PMP certified PM look over your project summaries prior to submitting.
All in all, the entire process was very helpful and I learned some great new tools, techniques, and fleshing out of processes as I studied.

Passed my PMP exam on first try. 6 years 5 months ago #12456

• Marwa Ismail
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Congratulations
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login